Information about our recovery service. This includes before, during and after support for your recovery journey.
What do Crew offer?
While you are on the waiting list for counselling, we offer regular 20 minute support sessions with our recovery worker. Waiting times can range from 4 to 12 weeks and therefore these support sessions can be a useful way to keep your motivation up and look at ways which you can make small changes which will benefit your recovery process.
These support appointments are person-centred meaning that we believe that you are the expert on your own life. Therefore the support will be tailored to meet your needs and help you move towards your personal goals. We as a service aim to be non-judgmental and empathic when we work together.
We can also come out to meet you outside the offices, in a space which feels good for you or give you a chum to your first time coming to Crew. Whatever helps or supports you into accessing the support you need, we are here.
What to expect
Support appointments are different from counselling sessions. Counselling sessions allow you to explore issues deeply with your practitioner, whereas support sessions are shorter and are more action oriented. They will support you to develop coping strategies to reach smaller goals while you are waiting for your counseling to start.
These sessions will be helpful in keeping your motivation for change up whilst waiting to see a counsellor, and setting short term, small goals which will benefit your overall wellbeing.
After your counselling sessions are finished we will also offer you support to look at ways to maintain the changes you have made. This may include developing new goals and ways of working toward them.
- Up to a one hour session, where you can get one to one support in a safe environment.
- Explore and develop skills, that may help with motivation, change, caring for yourself, anxiety, mood, physical and emotional health.
- Look at ways to make small changes that will benefit you.
- Discuss your short term goals. Build up your self-esteem and confidence.
- Assess where you are at now.
- Explore and discuss what the next steps are for you.
- Discuss and find solutions to any barriers you may feel are still affecting you.
- Look at any new avenues you want explore: education, work, relationships and social life.
- Check in 3 months later to see how things are going for you.
During: Wellbeing Group
The Wellbeing Group is another service available. You can come to a group for support, discussion and to discover any issues which are affecting you before, during or after your counselling services. This may include learning coping skills for the following topics: Mood, Anxiety, Stress, Diet, Self-esteem/Confidence, Motivation, Goal setting.
Overall care and support
- Person centred approach - treated as an individual.
- Not to be discriminated or judged in any way.
- Time and a safe environment for you to explore the issues/goals that are personal to you.
- Feel supported in making your own choices in relation to your wellbeing & life.
- Your choice - not being told what you must do.
- Continual room and space to access your recovery journey.
- Confidentiality can be maintained unless there is an immediate risk to yourself or another person.
How do I get a recovery support session or get information on the wellbeing group?
Please contact Diane at Crew for any further information or to book an appointment.