Upcoming training events at Crew!
Crew News: Apr 03 2012
Crew has two 1 day Training for Trainers courses and open workshops in Novel Psychoactive Substances (legal highs) happening in April and May.
Training for Trainers
The training will allow youth workers, drug workers and other professionals to effectively respond to, treat and engage with people using these emerging substances.
Therefore we are looking to recruit practioners who are skilled trainers within their respective organisations who have the skills, expertise and experience to undertake the training and furthermore cascade the training within their organisation/sector.
We would stipulate that this training is aimed at practioners who have experience in delivering training, have an adequate knowledge of psychostimulant drugs and who have workforce development responsibility within their organisation and/or have an external training or drugs education remit with capacity to roll training out in this area.
The learning outcomes will be as follows:
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Recall current trends and the prevalence of novel psychoactive substances and emerging trends
- Name the typical effects and side effects of the key substances in use
- Identify available treatment options, useful techniques and strategies to work with users including harm reduction
- Recall training techniques they could apply with different training groups
- Apply the training package to trainees within their own organisation or sector
If you are interested in taking part in the training we would ask you to consider and complete the learning needs assessment when booking here
For more info please check out our flyer in downloads
Crew are running open workshops in partnership with Drugs Action/Incite.
Psychostimulation 26th June
Legally High 27th June
Venue: The Marywell Centre, Marywell St, Aberdeen AB11 6JF
Cost £85 per day or £150 for two days
Bookings: Call 0131 220 3404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information available at www.mind-altering.co.uk/events