Crew News: Aug 09 2010
Information about a drug called 'Ivory Wave' which we have had lots of enquiries about over the last couple of weeks.
Ivory wave was previously tested and contained the substance MDPV, although this can no longer be verified since MDPV was recently banned and the ingredients are not listed on the pack.
Numerous casualties have been reported in the Edinburgh area over the last 2 weeks.
The main side effects of taking Ivory wave have included paranoia, visual and auditory hallucinations, psychosis, palpitations, insomnia, anxiety and renal issues.
Users report side effects can last up to 1-2 weeks although most say the main effects subside after a few days
Harm reduction advice
If you are determined to use:
- Use accurate digital scales to measure the dose, don't try and judge by eye!
- Start with a very small test amount, somewhere in the 3-5mg range to ensure there are no adverse side effects and wait at least 1 hour before re-dosing.
- Avoid mixing with other legal highs, substances and alcohol.
- Try not to use alone and tell your friends what you are taking.
- Avoid completely if you have any history of mental health issues.
- Seek help from medical support if you experience any negative side effects
If you want further information or support about ivory wave or other drugs please contact Crew on 0131 220 3404.
If you require medical advice please contact your GP or if out of hours call NHS 24 on 08454 24 24 24.
Download info about Ivory Wave here