Shrooms, Mushies, Liberty caps, Mexican, Thai
There are dozens of species of Magic Mushrooms, but most of the psilocybin containing mushrooms are small, brown or tan. These can easily be mistaken for non-psychoactive mushrooms. They are usually eaten or brewed into tea, though boiling can cause them to lose their 'trippy' effects. They can also be put in foods, such as milkshakes etc.
Trips often last longer than you think (anything up to twelve hours is possible). The effects include relaxation, giggling, euphoria, creative urges and enhanced visual perception (colours can seem more defined and patterns are eye catching). Music sounds clearer, more powerful and can affect mood and time seems to slow down. Mild hallucinations, objects appear to change shape and texture (becoming more intense with a higher dose). Bad trips can also amplify feelings of paranoia and mental illness and should not be taken by people who are pregnant or on prescription drugs. Effects depend on dose as well as the type of shroom etc.
- Don't be greedy
- Inexperienced trippers should take mushies in a comfortable environment with people you trust, otherwise you risk a bad trip.
- Don't trip on an empty stomach but don't eat directly before taking as it could lead to choking.
- Do not drive or operate machinery or try to do anything remotely sensible while under the influence of shrooms.
- As with all drugs legal or illegal, they affect people differently and your body weight, mood and lots of other factors can influence how the drug reacts in your brain.
- Pick your own and they are free but you need to make sure you REALLY know what you're picking.
Is not clear cut, some mushrooms are still able to be bought legally (Fly Agaric etc.) while those containing psilocybin and most commonly called 'Magic Mushrooms' are a class A drug. Maximum penalty for possession is 7 yrs and unlimited fine. Maximum penalty for supplying/dealing is life + unlimited fine.